Do you have most of your content, but are struggling in how to make it resonate as clearly as possible? Contact us to see how our editing services might help you fine-tune your message so it sounds just right.
Verbal Ink offers both editing and proofreading services—yet these are two very different crafts. Editing services are useful for a work-in-progress, while proofreading services are the final pass before submission. In both cases, we will bring out the very best in your writing. We are able to write documents for you as we also offer copywriting services.
Substantive editing is a comprehensive process that not only corrects spelling, punctuation, and grammar, but also revises the actual content of the writing. Editors offer suggestions on how to develop ideas and provide comments on the clarity or logic of the argument. Additionally, editing ensures adherence to a particular field’s style guide or other formatting requirements.
Proofreading, in contrast, doesn’t provide any feedback on your writing, but focuses solely on the technical aspects: spelling, grammar, linguistic errors, and format discrepancies such as line spacing, font continuity, and orphans and widows.
|Clarity and readability|
Our editing services are used by:
- Academics and students: Term papers, dissertations, essays, journal articles, and theses.
- Businesses: Memos, brochures, manuals, promotional materials, and white papers.
- Authors: Manuscripts, plays, books, short stories, and screenplays.
- Individuals: Cover letters, resumes, curriculum vitae, letters, and obituaries.
- ESL speakers/writers: We can edit any document to help you sound more like a native speaker.
We have editors with strong writing skills across all fields and disciplines. As a result, we offer editing services that can handle field-specific languages and styles. For pricing or more information about any of our services, please contact us or give us a call today at (877) 983-7225.